Your core is your motion stabiliser and force transfer center - it’s what keeps you going even while not moving. Against common belief, it includes much more than your abdominal wall muscles, such as: your rib muscles, para-vetrebral muscles, but also the profound diaphragm, the pelvic floor, the elusive psoas, the glutes… It also constitutes your foundation, the centre of your balance and stability and even sense of self. But office jobs and modern lifestyle leave it weak.
Also yoga can often confuse us with suggestions like, “relax your bum” - not a great idea since gaining a soft posterior will in time only help destabilise you.
Good thing this workshop comes to save you and - pun intended - rock you to your core! Going through this 100’ intense session with Rua will give you the appropriate tools to:
- increase your sheer strength and endurance;
- massage internal organs and prevent digestive tract diseases;
- enhance metabolism, slim the waistline;
- learn how to manage, prevent and repair damages caused by a sedentary lifestyle;
- build awareness of bad postural habits to prevent lumbago and sciatica (or more bluntly put, back and butt pains).
RYT® certified in Hatha Yoga (traditional) and Vinyasa Flow in Rishikesh (India), Rua has integrated her original studies with other yoga lineages (Yin, Iyengar), Functional training and Kinesiology. Co-founder of the itinerant study YogaRuka that organizes exclusive seminars and yoga retreats around the world under the “Reclaim yourself” motto, her style is a dynamic fusion of elements from yoga, Pilates, physio, mixed breathing techniques, meditation and mindfulness. _______
Our second foodies session is dedicated to smoothies for healthy skin, hair, joints, heart, and more. We’ll start with a little presentation on protein synthesis to get a better understanding of why it’s so important to fuel our bodies with the stuff they need. And we’ll explain how eating poorly affects our bodies over time.
We’ll take a look at:
- how to listen to our bodies and recognise what subtle signs to look for
- what cravings mean and how to overcome them *without* eating a whole tub of ice-cream
- how you can whip up a smoothie to help a specific function within the body by understanding how it all works
And you’ll get to eat:
- smoothie for healthy joints (to help you recover from all that yoga!)
Plymouth-born nutritionist and recipe developer. On a journey of study and research to unveil the secrets of an optimal diet for humans as a whole and then as individuals. Also preparing at the moment to obtain her PT certification. Yogi and lover of all things healthy.
- Saturday 17th September
- 10:30am - 12:30pm: Merudanda Yoga Session
- 12:30am - 1:30pm: Healthy Breakfasts & Smoothies
- Sunday 18th September
- 1:00pm - 2:45pm Bandha Yoga Session
- 2:45pm - 3:45pm Food for Healing the Body
Dartington Hall is an inspiring Devon destination, where you can remove yourself from the hustle and bustle of modern life. Situated right near Totnes and close to the Dartmoor National Park, it is comfortably reachable from anywhere Plymouth to Exeter.
- Light lunch / degustation
- Organic birch water to rehydrate throughout
- Yoga mats (£2 surcharge/day, or bring your own)